XSPA was established by academic societies, printing firms, and individuals to promote the use of XML in scholarly publishing. Its planned activities are as follows.
- Supporting publishers and typesetters to implement XML typesetting, by referring XML tools, and workshops
- Advocating importance of XML in scholarly publishing to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, and Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, and other organizations.
- Developing XML guidelines for Japanese language documents, especially by working with JATS, J-STAGE, etc.
- Promoting XML in scholarly publishing in various ways.
XSPA was established on June 28, 2012.
President: Soichi Tokizane, Univ. of Tokyo
Board of Directors
- Hidehiko NakanishiNakanishi Printing Co., Ltd.
- Tatsunori Ogura
- Tsunetoshi KomiyamaKomiyama Printing Co., Ltd.
- Tatsuro MasudaLetterpress Co., Ltd.
- Mami MatsudaJapan Medical Abstracts Society
- Yoshiyuki MiyagawaJapan Science and Technology Agency
- Kagehito YamaokaSANBI PRINTING Co.,Ltd.